Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Awkward Family Photo

If you've never visited Awkward Family Photos  before, you are in for a real treat. I think you could literally spend hours clicking through one awkward moment after another captured forever on film, sucked in by the hilarity of it all. Take this one for example:


I never thought an image of myself would join the ranks of such a photo. That is, until my sister-in-law recently pointed out a certain photo of my family, taken several years ago on Mother's Day. I admit, I died laughing. It's perfect really, and I couldn't resist sharing it with you.


 This photo was taken seven years ago. The backdrop was at the suggestion of my brother, Joel, who thought it would be funny to stage our Mother's Day family photo in the shower. He was right. Seven years later, it's downright hilarious. Just another reason I love my family. We're "special." :) Oh, also loving my mother's "flower." I guess we couldn't spring for the real thing back then, so a balloon had to do. It's much more versatile, anyway. ;-)

Here's hoping your family is just as special as mine. Start digging through an old photo album, you might just be surprised by what you find. :)

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Awww, babies! Funny to think where we were then and now. :) Love you guys!

PS...and I love Mauresa for digging this up. You should totally submit it. ;)

mauresa said...

Actually, Jeremiah submitted it yesterday. They said they won't notify you when your photo is up, so we'll just have to keep checking on it! Hahaha!

Unknown said...

Oh how funny Mauresa... how do you kids find out about all this stuff.. haha All I can say is that we raised our kids to be clean and I guess Joel just wanted to emphasize that! haha and by the way .. I just loved my balloon flower... one of my absolute favorite things to do is LAUGH!!!! love you all.