Monday, December 20, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Here in the McLean home, the Christmas spirit is indeed merry and bright. After enjoying our freshly-cut Christmas tree in all it's green and natural glory for several days, we realized it was probably time to "deck the halls" and get a move on putting up the decorations before January rolled around and it was time for it to come down.

Here is a festive look inside our home as we prepare for the true reason for the season's celebration: the birth and life of our savior, Jesus Christ.

Our cozy living room.

This beautiful vase was the "guest book" at our wedding. I've loved continually re-purposing it throughout our home, and for Christmas it makes for a beautiful centerpiece in front of our (non-function) fireplace.
I love the beautiful simplicity of this nativity set. It was given to Chris and I as a wedding present, and it is something we shall cherish for years to come.
The Christmas tree farm we purchased our large tree from this year also had these adorable miniature live trees. At an incredible price of $8 I just couldn't pass it up. It's been a fun edition as a centerpiece this year on our very large dining room table.
While I haven't really been an ornament collector, I couldn't pass up this cute porcelain piece with our family initial when I attended a Christmas fair in Richmond last year.
Enjoying some holiday glow atop our lovely, handmade wine bar (gift from the in-laws) in the dining room.

Okay, back to the kitchen...holiday baking coming your way soon! In the meantime, go enjoy some special time with your family or friends today. Presents and lights and trees come and go, but God's blessing of loved ones in our lives is something to be cherished every day.

3 comments:

CG said...

So cute, Rachel. I love your style.

Katie Miller said...

Very pretty Rach, I love how you have a "purple" tree theme in your dining room, love it!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful in every way and i love what you wrote to make it all most meaningful! love you!