Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The McLeans take on V Day - Part 2



In lieu of the fact that my hubby had work on Monday night, I decided a special "Bachelor Valentines Event" was in order.

I know what you're thinking....The Bachelor? Really? I know, I know... But I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this. ;-) Be honest. You watch it too.

By no means do I believe that reality TV is the ideal format to find your soul mate/marital partner, but this sappy, drama-ridden show has served as a wonderful excuse to gather an awesome group of ladies into my home each week to de-stress with outrageous laughter, yummy treats, and constant commentary. Men, beware! ;-)

It is a fact that females need girl time, and the Bachelor (centered around young ladies in a constant state of emotional breakdown) somehow fits the bill. ;-) Plus, it also serves as a constant reminder to me of the "one-in-a-million" man I married. That's right, Brad, you have nothing on my Chris. 

Before he left for work, my hubby presented me with these gorgeous flowers (he knows me well, I'm not your typical roses kind of gal) and beautiful card:


My gorgeous tulips displayed on our mantle in some of my milk glass vases.


Now, back to the Bachelor and our VDAY ladies night...


Homemade, dark chocolate-covered organic strawberries, organic raspberries, and white chocolate covered pretzels were the evening starter. Homemade veggie pizza was the main course, with strawberry cheesecake and dark chocolate ice cream waffle cones as our dessert. Keeping with the theme, even our plates were rose china -- a special gift passed down to me from my mother after my wedding.


 Each guest who attended received a Valentine's Day goody bag of special treats.


No Bachelor party is complete without a rose ceremony.


Each beautiful lady present received a rose.


Raspberry water.


In honor of this special occasion, pink champagne was served.


Not just any champagne, mind you. "Sweet Rose" champagne! :)


Sara and Jen helping me dip the last of the strawberries.


My neighbor, the "eat-and-run" guest. Megan is a medical student, busy with loads of homework, but my promise of goodies urged her out of her study hole for a few moments to visit and grab her VDAY package. :)


 Bachelorettes for the night: Laura, Jen, Sara and I.







Bear getting a talking to for sneaking a chocolate covered strawberry off of someones plate.


Much love to all my dear friends for gracing me with their presence and keeping me company on VDAY while my hubby was away. It's true what they say, "Girls just want to have fun." ;-)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

What fun! :) Your outfit is adorable (as ever, my fabulous friend:), love your belt and shoes. Whatever is mixed in the champagne pitcher looks yummy! Love the pitcher too, have you always had that or did you score it recently? :)